|Click to enlarge.|
I heard some folks at Area 17 would like an update on the EFCL Community Leagues 100th Anniversary Parks project.
- Kris Morra of the EFCL will come to the Area 17 meeting in March (replacing me) to give a report on the parks project;
- There are regular reports on this project in our board package, newsletter and website:
- Fall newsletter: http://www.efcl.org/news/efclnewsletters/tabid/91/default.aspx
- Webpage on project: http://www.efcl.org/EFCLActivities/100thAnniversaryProject/tabid/414/Default.aspx
- Feb. Board Package: http://www.efcl.org/Default.aspx?TabId=74&xsfid=51
- The project is generally proceeding well.
The main issue that arose was that we had hoped to integrate our community league plaza and stream components with the beach component that the mayor and city are talking about doing. We are disappointed that it does not look like these are being integrated, but regardless of whether the projects are connected, we plan to go ahead with phase 1 (the community plaza) and phase 2 (the stream component) of the EFCL project is going ahead and we are actively working on it. Of course there are many steps in the process as leagues are well aware from their own park projects.
Check out the resources liked above. If you are in Area 17 Kris Morra will be at the next meeting to answer any questions you may have.
EFCL District B (Londonderry) Rep.